Your assignment for today’s blog entry is to explore London’s Globe Theatre. Take the virtual tours and allow yourself to imagine the theatre experience during Shakespeare’s time. Write a short blog entry (minimum of 250 words), describing your impression of the theatre. Do you think you would enjoy seeing a play at the Globe? Where would you like to sit? Why? What is the most interesting thing you have learned about the Globe?
I would not have enjoyed watching a play at the Globe Theatre because of the smell. I don't think there is anyway I would be able to stand the smell of the theatre with that many people down on the courtyard. My first impression of the theatre was that it seemed fairly large for the time it was built.The higher class seating looks like it had a good view of the stage. If I were to watch a play at the Globe Theatre I would of like to sit there. I found it interesting that the stage had a trap door to do stage effects. I also thought that it was interesting that the best seat in the house is above the stage. I would think that if I was paying that much to go see a play that I would actually like to be able to see the play not just having everybody be able to see me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment