Tuesday, September 16, 2008

entry #2

I think on my assignments, the mark will be slightly above the class average. I will most likely finish the book because I don't like not finishing books I start. It will be hard to finish because I already know how it ends because we watched the movie in my rocketry class in grade 8. To get more out of the novel I plan to read it and pay attention to what I am reading because I tend not to interpret when I am not interested in the literature that I am reading. I will also look up the word that I am unfamiliar with in the dictionary to get a better understanding of the context. That will help me understand the book a little more. In parts of the book that I am having difficultly understanding, I will compare it to the motion picture staring Jake Gyllenhaal, which can out in the year 1999. I will also discuss the book with some of my classmates or friends because they may understand it better than I did. I would also get another point of view from their prospective; it might give the story something I didn’t see before. I will compare the book to my own real life experiences that I have had and some topics I might know a bit about. To keep me motivated to do my assignments on time and to have them all completed is the fact that I would know my parents would be disappointed in me and my work. I am the youngest out of the children in my family; both of my two older brothers did very well in school and left some pretty big shoes to fill. Keeping up with my brothers has always been a goal that I have to do the best that I can do in my school work. Although I am not looking forward to reading this novel, I hope that it will grow on me and I will start to enjoy it.

No comments: